Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And Then Some News

Thursday's Essay Preview

For me it hasn’t been about “boosting brain power,” it is more about “sustaining brain power.”  That is, I don’t like the thought of losing anything I have, and if I gain a little by doing things that will sustain what I have, then that is icing on the cake, or a positive byproduct that is greatly appreciated.  I try to do more than what it takes to keep my brain active just as I do more than what it takes to keep my body in shape.

Thursday's Essay Excerpt - from the last paragraph of the essay

That is precisely what I have discovered as well.  That is, although I enjoy learning new skills (special ballroom dancing steps), having new experiences (cruising to Southeast Asia), and stretching the skills I already have (reading new books or writing new essays such as this one), I have discovered that the more I use the circuits I possess, the stronger they get.  That is why I said at the outset of this essay, “ it hasn’t been about ‘boosting brain power,’ it is more about ‘sustaining brain power.’” To me, that is the essential issue, and if I can boost brain power while sustaining brain power, all the more brain power to me!
   



And Then Some News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.