Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Exotic Destinations" book has been released


This book is so new that Amazon has not added the front cover yet! 

Richard L. Weaver II has just released his new travel book Exotic Destinations... And Then Some! Share in Richard “Dick” Weaver’s experiences as he guides you through preparation for camping as well as taking cruises. Insights from South East Asia from a seasoned traveler who started in his teens with a trip around world. Dr. Weaver offers stories and tips from the Caribbean, Europe, Mediterranean, Australia, and Hawaii. To help prepare you for adventure get...  Exotic Destinations... And Then Some! 


The new book is available now at Amazon.com:  Exotic Destinations... And Then Some! by Richard L. Weaver II

Thursday's Essay Preview

The first paragraph of the essay, "The need for patience," reads as follows: "When I instructed students in how to prepare for job interviews, I told them to turn a negative into a desired positive.  For example, when asked the question (as interviewees often are), what would you say is your biggest negative trait?  I told them to use their impatience positively.  That is, interviewees could say, 'I am an impatient person.  I have trouble waiting in line.  I have difficulty waiting for results to come in.  I don’t like wasting time.  I prefer solving a problem myself rather than waiting for it to be solved by others.'”

Thursday's Essay Excerpt - from the last paragraph of the essay

"Of the eleven steps above for achieving patience, I have found that number seven, “reminding yourself that things take time,” is (at least for me) the most important one.  I am, indeed, an impatient person, and I am often giving myself internal messages to calm me down: 'I do not need to be in a hurry,' 'I have the time,' 'Everyone does not operate at the same speed as I do,' and Cato the Elder’s phrase, 'Patience is the greatest of all virtues.'  It also helps to know, as Saint Augustine said, 'Patience is the companion of wisdom.'"

And Then Some News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.