Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And Then Some News

Thursday's Essay Preview

The first paragraph of Thursday's essay, "When I get up in the morning" reads as follows:

Often I can predict what kind of a day I’m going to have by the way I get up in the morning.  I’m not always accurate, but I use my “getting up” as an indicator.  When I showed one of my granddaughters my daily log, she asked me why I begin each day with the time I get up?  What she was really asking was, What difference does that make?  I explained that the time I get up each morning is just one of the indicators I use for what kind of a day I’m likely to have.  When my log indicates that I woke up just before the alarm clock, that is a signal to me that I’m likely to have a very productive day.  (Remember what I said above, “I’m not always accurate.”)
     


Thursday's Essay Excerpt - from the last paragraph of the essay

When I wake up in the morning, I am always grateful for the day I have ahead of me. I never (and have never) seen any day as a burden that I just have to “get through.”  I see each day as an opportunity to do something meaningful, beneficial, and satisfying.  What is important, especially for the purposes of this essay, is that what I do during the day has a direct and immediate effect on what happens every night and what it will be like when I get up in the morning.  I love the quotation attributed to J.M. Powers, “If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.”       




And Then Some News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.