Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Essay Preview: It all boils down to self-efficacy

Thursday's And Then Some Essay preview:
For much of my life I have thought that growth, development, and change all depend on a single element: self-discipline.  On January 6, 2009, as I was sitting at the dining-room table reading The New York Times page on“Health.”  It was in an article by Tara Parker-Pope entitled, “If You Find the Motivation, Exercise Follows,” that the underlying key to self-discipline revealed itself, and I was astounded I hadn’t thought of it much sooner.  It all boils down to self-efficacy.

It all boils down to self-efficacy
by Richard L. Weaver II

Excerpt:

The point of this essay is to demonstrate how to develop self-efficacy.  Since it is so important, I wrote about the same four methods from the point of view of two writers.  Of course, it is easier said than done, however, awareness of how to achieve it is the first stage of developing it.  People who are successful have self-efficacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.