Tuesday, December 27, 2011

And Then Some News

Thursday's And Then Some Essay preview:

Thursday’s essay is called, "New Year's Jokes." What greater way to prepare for the New Year than by sharing with my readers, my favorite New Year’s jokes?  There is no order here.  Some are clearly better than others, but I thought all of them had merit—or they wouldn’t be included.  Most give quick and sufficient testimony to what happened to me: When I thought about the evils of drinking in the New Year. I gave up thinking.



New Year's Jokes

by Richard L. Weaver II

Excerpt:

On New Year's Eve, Marilyn stood up in the local pub and said that it was time to get ready. At the stroke of midnight, she wanted every husband to be standing next to the one person who made his life worth living.
   
Well, it was kind of embarrassing.  As the clock struck, the bartender was almost crushed to death.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.