Friday, June 8, 2012

LAUGH . . . And Then Some!

A man who was grocery shopping noticed a little old lady following him around. When he stopped, she stopped. She stared at him.

Finally, at the checkout, he was in line right behind her. She turned around and said to him, "I hope I didn't make you uneasy. It's just that you look so much like my late son..."

He answered, "Oh, that's okay." "I know it's silly, but if you'd call out, 'Goodbye, Mom!' as I leave the store, it would make me so happy."

Then she checked out and, as she left the store, the man played along. "Goodbye, Mom!" he said.

The little old lady waved and smiled back at him and he was pleased that, through a simple act, he could bring joy into someone else's life.

"That'll be $121.85," said the clerk. "What? No way! Look, I've only got nine items." The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your mother said you'd pay for her groceries, too!"



Laugh Like There's No Tomorrow: Over 2,000 jokes from the Internet, Volume 2

From Day #51 in a second complete manuscript compiled by Richard L. Weaver II

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.