Tuesday, July 31, 2012

And Then Some News

Thursday's Essay Preview

The first paragraph of Thursday's essay, "An Amazing Coincidence --- Sister Camille's Experience, " reads as follows:

On Friday, February 11, 2011, I received a message on my answering machine.  The name was garbled; however, the phone number for contacting the party was clear, and I copied it down.  In going to my computer, my son had forwarded a message to me from our andthensomeworks.com web site which duplicated the answering-machine message.  The message was as follows:
   
    “Your father-in-law is a long time friend and mentor of mine.  Something has come to my attention that I would like to discuss with you.  I will be out much of today; however, I’d appreciate a phone number where I might contact you.”


Thursday's Essay Excerpt - from the last paragraph of the essay

We found an answer to this amazing coincidence that was simple and to the point: When a book is “donated” to the Maumee Public Library (part of the Lucas County Public Library system) it is given to .Friends of the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library. Friends of the Library (FOTL) is a nonprofit organization that encourages, promotes, and supports the ongoing operation of the Library, and “donated” books are sold (often at Amazon.com) to support FOTL operations.  Sister Camille purchased the book at Amazon.com, and it was supplied by FOTL.



And Then Some News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.