Tuesday, October 1, 2013

And Then Some News

The first paragraph of Thursday's essay,"To this very day," reads as follows:

I was standing in line at the post office waiting to mail a copy of my book, Exotic Destinations (And Then Some Publishing LLC, 2011) to my sister in Kanab, Utah, and as I looked back to see how many people were lined up behind me, a woman caught my eye. She was staring at me as if looking at someone she knew well. While looking at her (I was a bit perplexed), she slowly raised her right hand to her mouth, put her thumb behind her front teeth, curled her index finger over the front of her teeth, then thrust her hand out as she pointed at me with her index finger as if saying to me, "Yes, you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.