Tuesday, March 13, 2012

And Then Some News

Thursday's Essay Preview

The first paragraph of Thursday's essay, "Drinking Jokes," reads as follows:

*A man is sitting in a bar drinking a beer when a young lady walks up and says "So what are you drinking?" The man replies casually "Magic beer" and the lady asks "What kind of magic beer?" "What's so special about it?!?" says the man. He proceeds to get up and flies around the room 3 times and sits back down. The lady snaps "I bet you couldn't do that again even if your life depended on it!" So he gets up and flies around the room 3 more times. The lady says "I'll have what he's having!" She chugs it down and goes to the roof and jumps - falling to her death. The bartender looks at the man sitting at the bar and says "Superman, you're a jerk when your drunk."
   


Thursday's Essay Excerpt - from the last paragraphs of the essay

*Pat and Mike had been drinking buddies and friends for years.
   
After having a few drinks in a bar, Mike said to Pat -
   
"We have been friends for years and years and if I should die before you do would you do me a favor? Get the best bottle of Irish whiskey you can find and pour it over my grave."
   
Pat replied, "I would be glad to do that for you my old friend.  But would you mind if I passed it through my bladder first?"



And Then Some News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.