Tuesday, September 25, 2012

And Then Some News

Thursday's Essay Preview

The first paragraph of Thursday's essay, "The Adrenaline Rush, " reads as follows:

When the bus driver unloaded our bicycles in a parking lot at the very top of the mountain just outside Vale, Colorado, I could feel the rush.  I felt addicted to excitement, to the adrenaline rush, to the danger inevitably and invariably involved.   At that point, we were on our own, and although I was with a friend, we had no intention of going down the mountain together (we never discussed it).  The trail was narrow, steep, with numerous curves, other riders traveling in the same direction, and, for me, totally unpredictable.  The adrenaline rush of the ride was there for the taking, and I reached out, seized it, took hold of it, and rode it with all the speed my body could deliver.  It was a highlight of my life, and the memory is clear, vivid, and energizing to this day.  (Thank goodness I didn’t crash!)
    
Thursday's Essay Excerpt - from the last paragraph of the essay

There are, of course, many ways to get a similar adrenaline rush, but for me these have been some of the most impressive.  Hey, when you know how to get it, enjoy getting it, then who needs drugs or alcohol?  I’m not an addict, I have never been one, and I don’t intend to become one, but the adrenaline rush provides a great natural high that is truly fulfilling.    




And Then Some News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.