Tuesday, September 24, 2013

And Then Some News

The first two paragraphs of Thursday's essay, "Profound advice," are as follows:

It’s not often that I use an essay to provide a book review. I have plenty of other outlets for my book reviews; I don’t need to clutter my essays with them . . . unless . . . unless . . . I have found a spectacular book that offers profound advice. This is not actually a book review anyway.

Now, I have to tell you up front why I think the advice I’m going to share with you in this essay is so profound. There is a simple reason for it. It is the advice I have been sharing in my classes, lectures, popular books, and textbooks. This is advice I have been giving for my entire professional life, and what is remarkable, I have found so much of it in one book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essays, SMOERs Words-of-Wisdom, Fridays Laugh, book reviews... And Then Some! Thank you for your comment.